Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gifts for Baby and Big Sis


One of Carlin's coworkers recently had a baby. The office threw a shower for her earlier, but since they were keeping the gender a surprise, I waited until after the baby was born to make a personalized gift. Now that we know she's a girl, I made matching shirts for baby Amery and big sister Leah:

The "L" and "A" are from Embroidery Boutique's Vintage Applique Alphabet. I stitched their names with my newly acquired Itty Bitty Alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw. I LOVE this alphabet, and imagine it will become one of my standards. It's much like Tinker Toy but with a touch of whimsy.


I also stitched this burp cloth. The lovely monogram is Empire font from Embroidery Arts.

2 comments on "Gifts for Baby and Big Sis"

Cole's Corner on August 12, 2009 at 9:37 AM said...

I love that font, too.

... and where do you get all those great colored onesies???

Janay on August 12, 2009 at 9:46 AM said...

The onesies are from Target (their Circo brand). They come in 5-color packs, there is a boy assortment and girl assortment.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates