Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Filling recent orders


Wow... it's been two and half weeks since I last posted. That may be the biggest gap since I started this blog... Anyone care to do the research to support that? :) As I mentioned earlier, morning sickness has hit me pretty hard and I haven't been up to sewing. But a combination of three things motivated me to get some sewing done. First, a couple of these orders are overdue, my parents are arriving for a visit tomorrow and I need to pack up my sewing studio so we have a dining room to eat in, and finally, I actually felt pretty good Sunday evening and all day today!

I made a hooded towel for Kylie. After Kenzie received her towel as a birthday gift, Valerie and Kylie decided she needed one, too. We picked the aqua ribbon to match her swimsuit. The text was added with Embird Alphabet #38.



Sabrina and her team had given a co-worker a gift certificate as a baby shower gift. A few weeks ago Lily was born, and her parents and I worked up the design and color scheme for this set:

The monogram is from the Dot Alphabet I originally got on Sew Forum (now available at Julia's Needle Designs), and the name was added with Five Star Font's Whimsy Alphabet.



Finally, Rachel ordered a set for her co-worker who recently had a baby girl. She sent me a picture of the nursery set they picked out, so I picked designs and thread colors to coordinate.


First of all I used the same Dot monogram mentioned above:

For the second burp I used a frame from AK Designs Boutique and added her monogram with Monogram KK from Sew Crazie Designs.

For the bib I used a Curlz design, also from Sew Crazie Designs.


Whew! I'm tired... off to bed. Hopefully it won't be so long before I post again!

3 comments on "Filling recent orders"

Janay on June 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM said...

I did the research myself... 17 days is the longest I've gone between posts! (Previously the longest stretch was in August when I went to IL for about a week and then "broke" my machine upon my return and had to wait a bit to get it fixed.

Kat on June 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM said...

These are AMAZING!

Tiffany on June 18, 2008 at 4:10 PM said...

Beautiful, as always. I just love how unique you are able to make each project!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates