Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Truly Customized Baby Gift :)


I love getting emails from Tiffany; she always has fun requests. :) Here's the gift she's sending to a friend who just had a baby:
This little family lives on a boat in the Virgin Islands (!) so Tiffany requested a onesie with a sailboat on it. I used the boat from Embroidery Boutique's Sailboat Patch design. I added "SARABANDE" (the name of the boat) with Embird Alphabet #16.
To add a little fun to the onesie, here's the backside:
Tee-hee-hee... clever idea.
For the lime green bib, we reused an idea Tiffany had suggested three years ago for her niece. Louis and Steve are the dogs. :) The text is Embird Alphabet #18, and the paw prints came from Sew Forum (no longer available).
And the peach bib requires a bit of explanation... "She is a huge fan of the Steven Martin movie /The Jerk/, where he is raised by an African-American family and doesn't realize he's adopted and cries with that line when he figures it out. I know they are going to absolutely die laughing." Ha! Inside jokes are one of the best things about doing custom embroidery!

4 comments on "Another Truly Customized Baby Gift :)"

Tiffany on January 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM said...

LOVELOVELOVE! I am so excited -- these are absoltuely perfect! Thanks so much!

jazzo on January 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM said...

Love all the stuff...put Poop Deck rocks. :)

Mary on January 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM said...

Those projects turned out cute! I like your version of the poop deck. :)

Tracy on January 20, 2011 at 11:02 PM said...

I want to know how they live on a boat with littles! I am of course envious though!!! :) love all of it!

ps. I too love The Jerk, and Raymond never quite gets it's humor.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates