Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baby Boy Gift Set


Less than two weeks ago Kari contacted me about a baby gift set for a friend who was in labor --we were waiting until delivery to know the baby's name! I had an annoying head cold but was able to complete the items by the end of that week:
I struggled with inspiration for the burp cloth until Kari sent me the link to some awesome nursery decor the mom had created. Check out Lawson's name above the crib, isn't this amazing? You can see the entire room on her blog: Little Big Nest.

As soon as I saw the letters on the wall, I thought of Lynnie Pinnie's Taylor font. However, it's only lowercase, and the lowercase "L" looks too much like a one. So instead I used the Plain Jane font from 8 Claws and a Paw. I used the marble khaki material to imitate the stained book pages. Kari requested navy blue for the text and ribbon to coordinate with the bedding.
For the bib, Kari wanted his initials, so I used my new favorite masculine monogram font Circle Monogram Set 3 from Embroidery Arts.
 The last item is a Special Delivery Onesie. The original design is from Sew Terific Designs; I customized the design with baby's birthplace, birth date, time, weight and full name.
Now, look at that carefully. Notice anything wrong???
Lawson was born 13 days ago... and it's not 2010 anymore!!! AAAAHHHH!!! Of all the baby's stats, the YEAR is the one thing I know already. I'm blaming it on the head cold. Lawson is the first 2011 baby I have done a special delivery design for, and I hadn't changed my lettering file. That has now been rectified. Unfortunately it had already been shipped, but thankfully Kari noticed it in a picture before the package was received, sparing an awkward conversation. I stitched a corrected one and got it in the mail ASAP. Amazing how a little number only 5mm tall can cause such a problem! :)

1 comments on "Baby Boy Gift Set"

Anonymous said...

I love these! Especially the onesies, I have been coveting them for a long time. :)

By the way... I think you forgot your watermark on the last picture?

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates