Saturday, February 19, 2011

Scripture on a blanket


Jenny was in charge of a recent women's retreat, and as a thank you gift for Melinda (who had done a ton of work) she asked me to embroider the theme scripture on a blanket. I used Embird alphabet #8, which produces such nice legible text, especially considering the amount of text and the fluffiness of the blanket!

2 comments on "Scripture on a blanket"

Karen on February 20, 2011 at 3:09 PM said...

I really like all your work! I seems that you use Embird. How well do you like it, and is it easy to use? Do the alphabets come with it or do you have to purchase them separately?

Janay on February 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM said...

Karen, I do use Embird and love it! I find it easy to use, but I had some one-on-one training with my MIL when she gave me my embroidery machine.
There are tutorials out there that can walk you through the basics of manager and editor. I've also purchased a great tutorial for studio (what you use to digitize, must purchase separately) but have only scratched the surface of that. There are also lots of yahoo groups available for assistance (Embird101 is great!).
The alphabets are separate and can be purchased individually for less than $15 each. They are WONDERFUL. There are over forty, and I have several that I have purchased as I "need" them. :)
You can download Embird for free and use it for a 30 day trial period before buying, so give it a shot! You can test out ABCabc of each alphabet as well before purchasing.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates