Sunday, January 29, 2012

Welcoming Baby Sawyer


I love making baby gifts. I especially love giving them to an expectant mom who genuinely appreciates what I do. Sewing for friends is such a joy! But the reality is I do not have enough time to make everything that I want to give. So it's an added blessing when mutual friends step in and place orders. :)
Baby Sawyer's arrival will make Audrey a big sister, so my gift to Tracy was sibling shirts. I asked if she had a vision or wanted to be surprised. She sent me links to a couple things she liked and I created my own version:
I have been dying to use these Riley Blake plaids for boy/girl sibling designs and jumped on the opportunity to do it now. I used Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet (capital A and lower case s), and added the text with Embird Alphabet #14.
 Using the same fabric, I made this burp cloth (from Cherri and Cindy).  I had already created the monogram for another Sawyer so no design work needed! It's not often that I get to reuse something. (I used the applique S from EB's Fun Applique Alphabet, and the Whoa Nelly font from 8 Claws and a Paw for "Sawyer".)
Melissa requested a burp cloth with his 3-letter monogram and a bib with his name. I used the Circle Monogram Set 3 from Embroidery Arts:
And Pea Pod from 8 Claws and a Paw:
 Michelle is always coming up with clever ideas! Daddy Raymond owns his own lawn care company called "Grass Monkeys" and she wanted a burp cloth to reflect that. She created this idea herself -- she found the Lucky Monkey design on Lynnie Pinnie's site and suggested the change in text/font. It turned out so cute!!
And finally, something special for Sawyer's room from Cherri and Cindy. Cherri and I were brainstorming ideas when we thought to check out Tracy's Pinterest board, knowing she had pinned some name wall art and pennants. I showed Cherri the Frayed Block Letters from Hang To Dry, and that sealed the deal. :) Of course we didn't decided this until two days before the shower AND we weren't 100% sure of her color scheme for the nursery, so I created a gift certificate and sample letter for her to unwrap:
Then we went fabric shopping together to find exactly what she wanted. She decided to alternate two fabrics -- the thought of picking out six coordinating fabrics was too overwhelming. ;) Here's the final banner (hanging in my bedroom... I will update with better nursery pictures later).
And a close up of a couple letters:
Cute, right?!?! Names, phrases, any color scheme... the possibilities are ENDLESS! Be on the look out for more of these in the near future. :)

3 comments on "Welcoming Baby Sawyer"

Tracy on January 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM said...

I love all the Sawyer love!! Everything is just perfect and as soon as I have all the bedding on the crib, I'll take a picture of the finished product banner and all!

thank you everyone!

Cindy's Custom Creations on January 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM said...

I love the monkey one- very creative using the tail as the "O".

Janay on January 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM said...

Thanks Cindy, but I can't claim that creativity! Lyndsie's original "Lucky Monkey" design used the tail as the "o". It's so cute, isn't it? :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates