Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy 40th Anniversary!


Today is my in-laws' 40th anniversary! I am so thankful for their wonderful example of a godly marriage -- it makes mine possible since they laid such a fabulous foundation for my husband. I'm grateful for their love and friendship.

I've been brainstorming ideas for a gift ever since I made my parents' 40th anniversary gift last year. I didn't want to do the *exact* same thing, but really liked the idea of wall art and the use of scriptures. I've also been intrigued by all the subway art designs that have become popular, so I opted to go that route and incorporate a scripture into it:
I contacted Krissy to create a custom design for me. I requested a few modifications from a previous anniversary design posted on her facebook group (Embroidery Sayings and Phrases) and she sent me this:
Then I modified it a bit more to incorporate the scripture. (I'm confident Krissy would have done a beautiful job herself, but in true Trammel fashion, inspiration didn't hit until the very last minute and I couldn't expect her to meet my requests on such short notice. She was super fast with swapping out the name, number and date as it was!) I love the beginning of 1 Thessalonians 3:12 so I swapped out the text around LOVE and replaced it with the scripture.

I'm also not a big fan of the word "fate" so to fill the space I changed 40th to 40 years. Then there was this little gap and I felt a pair of wedding rings was very appropriate. I'm sure somewhere in my stash of designs I have a perfect pair of wedding rings, but I couldn't find them. I also couldn't quickly find something small, simple and cheap to purchase online. I thought to myself, "All I need is a simple oval!" I looked over and notice the zero in June 10 was perfect. So here's my big secret -- that double wedding ring design is simply two zeros! :) 
I really like how this turned out! It took me a while to figure out what color threads to use, but I settled on gold, brown, black and blue to coordinate with the Labrador quilted wall hanging I made for Kathy several years ago. Stitched on canvas, stretched over foam board, and placed inside an 8x10 frame without glass. 

So, congratulations Harold and Kathy! May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other for many more years to come. Happy Anniversary!


2 comments on "Happy 40th Anniversary!"

Jacquie on June 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM said...

Beautiful!!!

Lydia on June 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM said...

Beautiful work, Janay! What a special gift! My parents are celebrating their 34th today. :-)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates