Tuesday, June 19, 2012

♫ Land that I Love ♫


When I had the opportunity to test the Land that I Love design for Lynnie Pinnie, I spent some time debating which fabrics to use... go blingy or Americana? Ultimately I decided to do both!
First I used confetti dot material for Annaliese's shirt:
For those of you that do custom embroidery, if you've never worked with sequin fabric (technically called confetti dot) don't be scared to try it! On it's own it is pretty thin, so my preferred way of using confetti dot is to fuse it to another colored piece of fabric using Heat and Bond Lite before using it in my applique design. This not only provides stability, but really helps the colors pop.
I fuse the HNBL to the right side of the fabric, then peel the paper off and fuse it to the wrong side of the sequins. Be sure to never set your iron directly on the sequins; either press from the wrong side or use a pressing cloth, and be quick! (I also recommend washing cold inside out, lay flat to dry. However my daughter's shirts have survived accidental trips through the dryer!)

For myself, I used this neat wavy stripe fabric I have in my stash -- love it for patriotic designs!


4 comments on "♫ Land that I Love ♫"

Cole's Corner on June 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM said...

How cute Janay!
I love them both.

Jacquie on June 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM said...

They both look great. Thanks for including the picture of the fabric with and without backing. It does make a difference. You knowledge and help is always appreciated. Thanks!

gardentilly on June 19, 2012 at 10:27 AM said...

Your shirts turned out so cute. Thanks for the information on how to use the glitter fabric.

Unknown on August 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I have my first confetti dot request and was a bit nervous. I would have never thought about the backing fabric had I not seen it here.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates