Saturday, September 8, 2012

Whooooooo loves owls?


We sure do! Last weekend I stitched owls exclusively, it was fun!
I've had this shirt/shorts set sitting on my sewing table for weeks now, waiting for an applique design to be added. We had settled on an ice cream cone, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. And once school started, Annaliese decided it was too late to do ice cream. In walks Lynnie Pinnie to save the day! This outfit turned out to be the perfect canvas for the Owl on a Branch design.
I picked the brown and peach fabrics to match the colors in her shorts. I debated a while what other color to throw in the mix since the owl needed more variety, and realized I'd be using green on the leaves, why not? I love how it turned out!
Lyndsie also created Owl Felt Clippies. I picked hot pink felt for the base, and used the same peach floral fabric for the body.
Makes a cute set, right??
Then I put the Stacked Owl Trio design on a long sleeved shirt, and someone else got a new tee, too!
This design comes in 4 sizes. I was going to use the smaller 6x10 size, but Annaliese really wanted me to use my new Riley Blake chevron fabrics... who could blame her?! So I jumped to the larger 6x10 size to try to showcase the fabric as much as possible. Here's a quick cell phone pic I took in the process of sewing, I was pleased as punch with my fabric placement!
Let me brag on Miss Lynnie Pinnie for a moment. This design was fabulously digitized (as always). I love the way the fabric was tacked down, starting with the top owl and moving down. I was able to use scraps from trimming the orange owl to do the wings on the purple owl, and then use scraps from trimming the purple owl as the wings on the pink owl. Each owl has seven thread colors on it, but the pathing and sequencing for these was so perfect that each thread was only in the machine once! It was just amazing.
Lyndsie also released a couple different small owl designs. Annaliese picked the Small Owl applique to go on a shirt for her American Girl Doll (and the coloring of the middle owl). This design was the perfect size!
Ok, I have more to say about my design placement for these shirts, but this post is long enough! So I'll include that info in a separate post.




6 comments on "Whooooooo loves owls?"

jazzo on September 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM said...

Really lovin the pink fabric you selected for the owl. Annaliese is so pretty in this shirt!

jazzo on September 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM said...

Love the chevrons in the stacked owl design and the hair felties too.

Tiffany on September 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany on September 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany on September 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM said...

Too. Cute. For. Words.

Tiffany on September 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM said...

Sorry -- deleted the multiple posts.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates