Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Garden Flags


For Mother's Day this year I made burlap garden flags!
For both of these I used Embroidery Boutique's Split Tuscan Alphabet. The fun challenge is selecting a font to use inside the split. :) For my mom, I used 8CP's Copper. It has nice short/wide letters so that four-letter name could fill the space across. I cannot wait to see a picture of it hanging among their beautiful flowerbeds!
For my MIL, I used 8CP's Southern Belle. It's a perfect match don't you think? I love how this turned out and was tempted to keep it for myself. I may have to make a duplicate. :)

3 comments on "Garden Flags"

Dena Kiser on May 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM said...

Hi! I follow your blog and absolutely love this! Did you just buy some burlap or was it premade? Thanks!

Janay on May 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM said...

I bought burlap and made it. :)
Basically a long rectangle, embroidered one end, folded in half and stitched it together leaving a casing at the top for the rod.

Dena Kiser on May 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM said...

Can't wait to try it out! Thank you!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates