Monday, October 8, 2007

Ready for the Pumpkin Patch


Carla ordered some blank clothing items from Dharma Trading for me to embroider on. (As a side note, after many hours of searching the world wide web, this seems to be the only place to order blank dresses!)
First up is a set of outfits for heading to the pumpkin patch. She picked the Just Like Mommy Dress With Pockets for Ella, and an Infant Bubble Romper for Grant. They turned out super cute! I will have a modeled picture posted as soon as they make a trip to the pumpkin patch.

Each outfit has three different applique designs. On the bodice area is a three pumpkin design. The big pumpkin was a freebie at one time on Sew Forum (now for sale at Thread Creations) and the small pumpkins came from A Time To Stitch. They all stitched out flawlessly!

Placing the designs on the legs of Grant's romper wasn't a problem since it could be unsnapped. For Ella's dress, however, I had to take out about half of the stitches on the pockets so I could lay them flat on my hoop. After doing the applique I sewed them back down. It went amazingly well -- I hope it's always that easy....



~~~~
The other things Carla ordered were 3 dresses for Annaliese and an overall romper. The overalls will probably be a gift for someone eventually. Now I need to decide what to do with Annaliese's dresses. This afternoon she asked me to make her a pumpkin dress to match Ella and Grant. I don't know if I'll do one exactly the same, but she certainly will have a fall dress soon!

1 comments on "Ready for the Pumpkin Patch"

Tiffany on October 12, 2007 at 11:06 AM said...

These are adorable! I love the variations in the pumpkin designs. It's really visually interesting...

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates