Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kenia's Baby Shower Gift


Today was baby shower #5 at church! Kenia is expecting a baby girl. Big sister Roberta likes purple, so Kenia suggested focusing on pink for baby Alina. I took a blanket buddy, 2 burp cloths and a pacifier clip as my gift.

Baby Alina is the recipient of my first Blanket Buddy. The design came from Sewing For Sarah. I first took a 40" square of flannel and hemmed it using my rolled hem foot (that's one of the coolest feet ever!). Then I stitched out the design following her directions. It worked perfectly!

When I made Alina's pacifier clip, I stitched an extra piece of ribbon so I could personalize the Blanket Buddy, too.

Next up is what has become my signature gift, a monogrammed burp cloth using the Dot Alphabet and Acadian fonts, both free designs on Sew Forum. I had fun trying to match threads to the cute polka dot ribbon.

For the other burp cloth I modified a design from Perfect Little Stitches. It only had the circle design of boys and girls holding hands; I added the text with Embird Alphabet #22. In case you can't read it, the inside circle says, "Jesus Loves the Little Children" and the outside continues the lyrics, "All the Children of the World, Red & Yellow, Black & White, they are Precious in His Sight!" I was pleased with how this turned out, especially stitching the children with variegated thread.

1 comments on "Kenia's Baby Shower Gift"

Tiffany on January 13, 2008 at 7:02 PM said...

What beautiful gifts! I love the matching dots in the patterns and ribbon, and the "Jesus loves the little children" cloth is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful design!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates