Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Annaliese's New Shirt


Thursday night I made Annaliese this shirt:


After dinner we told her our big news, and she got very excited about a baby joining our family. While morning sickness has already set it, God blessed me with an hour of feeling good that evening so I could get her shirt stitched. She wore it to Life Group Friday night, as well as preschool Monday morning, to announce our news.

The design came from Nobbie Neez Kids. Since I wanted to add "I'm going to be a" to "Big Sister" and I couldn't match the font, I switched it out and used Embird Alphabet #8. This is a fringe design so the hair is hanging loose on purpose.
I did a terrible job stabilizing the shirt so it's very wrinkly, but it got the job done. At least it was for my daughter and not an order! ;)

Speaking of orders, I'm feeling very nauseous and exhausted. I'm going to do my best to complete the orders that I have already committed to, but I may not accept new ones over the next few weeks. Feel free to contact me, just know you may get a "no" or a "not right now" as an answer. Pray this stage passes quickly so I can return to being a good mommy and sewing!

Oh, and a few other details for those who care...
We found out two weeks ago, and yes, this baby is planned. I haven't seen an OB yet to get an official due date, but based on my calculations we are expecting him/her to arrive between Dec 28 and Jan 4. So we are praying for a 2008 tax deduction! At this moment Annaliese wants a brother, but initially she said she wanted a sister... hopefully she'll be happy with whatever we get!

2 comments on "Annaliese's New Shirt"

Tiffany on May 14, 2008 at 11:33 AM said...

She looks so proud! That's a great shirt and we are all so happy for your family! (Plus, just think of all the fun new projects this means for you!)

Kelli on May 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM said...

congratulations! Rachel was born January 2, so we just missed that tax deduction. :) i hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates