Sunday, August 31, 2008

Casserole Cover for Me!!


Back in December I made casserole covers for my mom and mother-in-law for Christmas. Then the day after Christmas I went shopping and bought a TON of the same placemats to have on hand for future gifts and orders. I am just now getting around to using them. We had a potluck scheduled last Sunday and I decided it was time I made one for myself. I didn't end up getting to use it since church was canceled due to Tropical Storm Fay, but at least it finally motivated me to make one! When I do get to use it, it will serve as a decorative carrier to potlucks, an identifier for who made the yummy dish, and be used as a hot pad underneath the pan. It can accommodate up to a covered 9"x13" pan.

The mouse design is a free sample from Artistic Thread Works from the Stick-Kitchen-Mice Embroidery Design Set. The checkered border is a freebie from Embroidery Garden. I added the text with Embird Alphabet #8.

0 comments on "Casserole Cover for Me!!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates