Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to our moms...


I opted to make our moms casserole carriers for Christmas. I got two pairs of quilted place mats from Wal-Mart. After stitching the embroidery designs, I added a buttonhole & button and stitched around 3 sides. They will serve as a decorative carrier to potlucks, an identifier for who made the yummy dish, and used as a hot pad underneath the pan as it's being served. They can accommodate up to a covered 9"x13" pan.

First up is my mom's. The design is from a set I got for free from Artistic Thread Works called Daily-Chore-Sticks Embroidery Design Set. The checkered border is a freebie from Embroidery Garden. I added the text with Embird Alphabet #17.

Kathy's design was also from ATW, a free sample of the Stick-Kitchen-Mice Embroidery Design Set.

3 comments on "Merry Christmas to our moms..."

Tiffany on December 25, 2007 at 9:12 PM said...

What a sanzzy idea! You should definitely market these -- I think they'd be big sellers.

Janay on December 26, 2007 at 9:33 PM said...

Well I hope you are right... between the two of us, my mother-in-law and I bought almost 80 placemats today (they were 50% off and impossible to find the rest of the year). So here's hoping I get some orders fast!
~Janay~

Tiffany on December 27, 2007 at 12:17 PM said...

That's awesome -- I love mucho discount clearance sales!

I'm sure they will sell quickly. I mean, what is the one thing that drives people crazy about bringing their favorite casserole to potluck? Not getting your dish back. Having it set right on top of a pad with your name should defnitely help in identifying the owner of the dish! (Especially since Sharpe marker tends to wear off the glass after jsut a few washes...)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates