Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snowflake Ornament


We are having our staff Christmas party tomorrow, and part of the festivities includes an ornament gift exchange. I drew Bob Mullinax's name (he's the elder at Timberlane who is always in the building during preschool hours). Here's what I made:

On the surface this may look like simply a pretty snowflake. But look carefully:

It's his last name!! Now this idea is not original with me, but I did create this particular design. I asked Kathy to digitize Mullinax in a script font, and then I reflected and rotated appropriately to make the snowflake. I found this fabulous blue swirly glittery fabric in my scraps -- it makes me think of a wintery wind blowing, not that anyone around here knows what that looks/feels like!
I'm so pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to see everyone's expression as they discover the hidden design element!

1 comments on "Snowflake Ornament"

Tiffany on December 19, 2007 at 1:55 PM said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm pretty sure this is going to become a top seller for you!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates