Friday, December 28, 2007

My First A-Line Dress!!


One of my Christmas gifts was Martha Pullen's Applique book, which has the pattern for her reversible A-Line dress. (Kristen, it also has a pattern for a boy's one piece suit, aka jon-jon, so we should be good to go!)
Kathy not only bought the book, but had already traced the pattern for a size 4 dress and bought fabric so we could get started right away. The construction of the dress went quickly without complications. Probably the most tedious part was sewing on the buttons (8 total: 2 on each side of each strap), and thankfully Kathy volunteered to do that while I moved on to another project. :)
The first embroidery design we stitched on Kathy's swanky Brother embroidery machine was the monogram applique patch. I used a monogram freebie posted on Sew Forum and used the oval envelop in Embird to make it circular looking. The circle applique design came from My Embroidery Haven's yahoo group.


The second embroidery design was an applique butterfly from 4hobby.com


I was thrilled with how this dress turned out. And even more I love that it is two dresses in one!

2 comments on "My First A-Line Dress!!"

The Mosier Family on December 30, 2007 at 9:29 PM said...

Very Cute!!

Tiffany on January 1, 2008 at 7:46 PM said...

That is too cute! I absoltuely love the polka dots -- and you have such an obliging little model!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates