Saturday, December 8, 2007

Annaliese's Christmas Purse


Here's another idea I got from fellow members of SewForum.com -- a purse made from a Santa Hat!



It sounds pretty simple: cut the bottom half off and use that as the "closure", add handles and a lining. BUT this stuff is not easy to sew with! And trying to stitch across 3 layers of it was nearly impossible. I had to use my embroidery foot and feed it through myself. It was even too thick for my walking foot! It's one of the sloppiest things I've made, but thankfully it's all hidden underneath the white cuff. AND it's for a 3-year old... ;) I made this after Annaliese went to bed. I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow! I'll post pictures of her with it then.

UPDATE: When Annaliese saw it, she said, "OOOHHHH, it's so cute!" She liked it and got several compliments on it at church.

0 comments on "Annaliese's Christmas Purse"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates