Sunday, December 16, 2007

Our Matching Christmas Outfits



This weekend I finally got my shirt and Annaliese's dress done for Christmas. There are so many neat designs to choose from and so many other things to accomplish... that and the 80 degree heat we've been experiencing made it hard to motivate myself to make a long sleeved shirt and dress. But I got them accomplished, just in time for the cold front to hit this morning! The design I settled on is an applique Christmas tree with gifts from Pegboard Crafts.
Thursday night I found the perfect fabric for the tree (a fat quarter at Jo-Anns), and all the fabrics for the gifts were scraps from my stash. Annaliese's stitched out PERFECTLY, I used the small design on her dress (a long sleeve lettuce-edged dress from Dharma Trading).


I used the medium-sized design on my shirt. There are a few places where the satin stitches don't cover the tack-down stitches, but I'm confident that was my fault. I was in a hurry and I think my shirt shifted ever so slightly in the hoop as I was trimming the fabrics. It's only noticeable up close, and later on I may try to find a way to hide it even better. Maybe after the holidays are over I'll stitch around the fabrics with my invisible thread and pick out the tack-down stitches... But there is no time for that now! I'm stitching Christmas gifts as I type.

By the way, for my faithful readers, don't expect many more posts until Christmas afternoon. I am all done with orders (with the possible exception of a couple small things). Everything else I'll be making this week will be gifts for family. So if you don't hear from me again before then, Merry Christmas!!

1 comments on "Our Matching Christmas Outfits"

Tiffany on December 19, 2007 at 1:54 PM said...

So cute! Too bad Anneliese is so shy about posing... ;)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates