Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hooded Towel Mania!


Over the weekend I made three hooded towels. Now that the surprise gift has been received, I can post pictures of all three.

First up is a VERY belated baby gift for friends of mine. Daryl and Rebecca had a baby boy May 1, the day after I found out I was expecting. Morning sickness, buying a house, moving, starting preschool... that all got in the way of a timely gift. Thankfully my MIL does embroidery and goes to church with them, so I knew she'd take care of all my typical baby gift items and bought me a little time. I decided to make little Lomond a hooded towel to coordinate with the towel his big sister got last year. I used Embird Alphabet #8.


Next, my Aunt Linda requested a towel for her granddaughter. We used brown/pink ribbon so it would coordinate with Ainsley's bathroom. I used Embird Alphabet #33 for hers.


Finally Shannon contacted me after receiving her hooded towel from Jan. She has a baby shower to attend and wanted to take one as a gift, too. She told me what nursery theme the mom-to-be had picked (Cherry Blossoms from BabiesRUs):

I found a cute cherry blossom design from Embroidery Library, picked thread colors to match the motif on the nursery set, and added her name with Embird Alphabet #8.

1 comments on "Hooded Towel Mania!"

Unknown on June 5, 2014 at 5:12 PM said...

Is there any chance that you would share how you construct a hooded towel? Or is it anywhere in your posts? I have found many tutorials but the hood with seems too big or too small on them. Thanks and grace to you. Jean

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates