Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gift set for Baby Nathan


Paige and I both worked at our daughters' preschool while we were pregnant with our boys... sometimes the two of us were quite a comical combination between nausea, back aches, dizziness and waddling. :)
Nathan was born about 5 weeks after Dashiell, and Paige's baby shower was today. Here's the gift set I made for them:

The applique N is from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet. I used the Jason font from 8 Claws and a Paw for "Nathan".



I used a different technique for the applique process for the first time, since I knew it was going to be a challenge to trim all the detail of that 4-inch "N" on the onesie. I have "Applique Fuse and Stick" available at Terradon Embroidery. I followed their instructions for applique method one:
* Fuse Applique Fuse and Stick to the wrong side of the fabric that you will use as the applique'.
* Hoop that fabric and stitch the first outline onto it.
* Unhoop and trim the fabric close to the outline stitches.
* Hoop the garment and stitch the next color which is the placement outline for the applique.
* Peel the paper liner from the applique to expose the adhesive.
* Place the applique onto the garment matching and covering the placement outline.
* Continue stitching the design.

I was pleased with how successful I was with my first attempt! I won't use this method all the time for applique, but certainly with onesies and other little shirts that are more complicated to stitch on!

0 comments on "Gift set for Baby Nathan"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates