Wednesday, February 3, 2010

100th Day of School!


Today is the 100th Day of School in Leon County. That's a big deal in kindergarten, so to help Annaliese celebrate, I made her a special shirt. :)

The shirt is the last long-sleeved one I have in my stash from Grandma. Annaliese just got some new striped leggings, so we picked the silver and red to match. I used Chubby Wubby Applique Numbers from GG Designs, and added the text with Embird Alphabet #8.

Here's my excited girl, ready to celebrate!

4 comments on "100th Day of School!"

Kristie @ Me and My House on February 8, 2010 at 12:19 PM said...

I used this sparkly fabric to make a costume and had a horrible time with it gumming up my needle. Did you have any problems with it?

Janay on February 8, 2010 at 12:31 PM said...

I did not have any problems. I think this is the second time I've used the sequins-like material for an applique design. I used it as is, didn't put any interfacing on it.
Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Kristie @ Me and My House on February 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM said...

It may have been because we were using so much of it. It was awful! I was just looking at a site that I've gotten a lot of my fonts from and thought you may not have heard of it. I've never seen you mention it, so I thought I'd tell you. It's www.jolsonsdesigns.com everything is $3.00. There are tons of fonts, including applique fonts, there are font frames and a few other designs as well. I love the stuff there and it stitches out well. I appreciate so much that you (and Cole) share all of the sites you use!!!

Janay on February 9, 2010 at 7:45 AM said...

I have browsed there a couple times, but you are right, I've never stitched any of their fonts. Thanks for the reminder! :)
I feel it's important to give credit to the designer -- don't want to claim all the creativity as my own, and certainly want to direct more business their way. Plus there have been so many times I have used my own blog to help me remember what I did and where it came from! :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates