Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby Gift for Sterling


Christiana (my cousin-in-law, if that's actually a real title) gave birth to a little boy a month ago. For his burp cloth I used the applique S from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet. I used the Whoa Nelly font from 8 Claws and a Paw for "Sterling".

I also stitched a Special Delivery onesie for him:

The original design is from Sew Terific Designs; I customized the design with Sterling's birthplace, birth date, time, weight and full name.

4 comments on "Baby Gift for Sterling"

Barb on February 13, 2010 at 1:05 AM said...

Adorable! I've got my own (grand)special delivery due in 9 weeks. Can't wait.

Charleen on February 16, 2010 at 5:44 PM said...

Janay, I love the Special Delivery stamp. I have a Janome 350. I think I can add small letters with it. Do you customize on your machine or do you use something like Embird?

Janay on February 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM said...

Charleen, I use Embird. Actually when you purchase the design from Sew Terific, she included Embird lettering files for each of the fields you fill in (I've done some tweaking in some cases, but it's a great starting point). Embird alphabet #2 is what she recommends and it works best!

Charleen on February 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM said...

Thanks, Janay. I'm going to order the design. It will be the first time I've actually used Embird to personalize a design so wish me luck!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates