Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Annaliese!


Today my girl turned seven!!
I've already shared with you her birthday shirt -- she was involved with the whole process of picking the design and fabrics, so it was no surprise. What she didn't know is that I made a couple coordinating items. First, I made a matching hairbow. I used Button Cupcake Felt Stitchies design from GG Designs, but instead of stitching on a button, I ironed on a "7" cut out of the same material I used on her shirt.
I also made a cupcake shirt for her American Girl doll, using the same felt stitchies design. I debated for a while, but opted not to put a "7" on Anna's shirt -- I don't know how old Annaliese thinks she is since she just got her at Christmas. :) This is actually a newborn onesie (purchased for Dashiell but never worn) that I chopped off. Notice I didn't even take the time to hem it?!
Annaliese was thrilled with the little extras that she unwrapped today and enjoyed the whole outfit. Now I need to run put her clothes in dryer so they are clean for school tomorrow! :)

1 comments on "Happy Birthday, Annaliese!"

Cole's Corner on April 11, 2011 at 9:17 AM said...

Cute. cute. cute.
I love the bow!!!
and what a great idea to use an old cut off onesie for the doll!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates