Monday, October 8, 2012

8CP Fonts on CD?!? YES!


One year ago today I blogged about some important 8 Claws and a Paw news, and here I am doing it again today. While that post was sharing the end of their font club, this is announcing a new amazing opportunity for embroiderers!

It's no secret that I love 8 Claws and a Paw fonts; if you've read my blog for 5 minutes you know I use them all the time. It's also no secret that I highly respect Joe and Julie, God-honoring people doing excellent business, and also serving God with their entire lives by responding to the call of international adoption. 8CP was originally started to raise funds for their future adoption, and it continues to be how they support their growing family!

As I hang around their Facebook page one common question I have seen is if they will ever offer their fonts on CD. After about 2 months of diligent work they have announced that YES!! their 615 fonts are now available for purchase on CD!!
At this moment, they are accepting pre-orders for $79.95, CDs will begin being shipped on October 10. Woo-hoo!

615 fonts, many in multiple sizes, UNZIPPED. You have no idea how excited I am about this! I have downloaded every font, but for the most part I keep them zipped, I just haven't made the time to unzip them. Thankfully Embird makes it pretty easy to access and use zipped files, but sometimes it can be clunky or a little glitchy. Having them all unzipped is going to be wonderful!! And already backed up on CD -- what a relief that will be. Because guess who hasn't backed them up on CD...

The CD also includes image files of the full alphabet for each font. This is a big deal people! These images have always been available on their website -- before you purchase one of their fonts you can click on "additional pictures" to see the full alphabet. That feature is important to me. My initials are JT, and it is RARE for me to find a font where I like both the J and the T -- I like to see the full alphabet before I commit to using it.
So early in the spring I started the process of downloading EVERY image off of their site. That was tedious, I think even more so than purchasing and downloading the fonts. Once I was done, I did quite a bit of image editing. Some of the fonts were spread out over 2-3 images, so I merged those into one jpg. Then I added the actual font name to the image. Here's an example:
It was a LOT of work, but I LOVE having this this folder of font images. I scroll through it all the time!
And guess what?? Now YOU can have all of these images, too! I zipped up my folder and sent it to Julie, and it is on the CD. You are welcome. ;)

The CD also includes a brand new feature -- a file showing each letter with its dimensions and stitch count. You can see a sample on their website.

This is an amazing value, and I encourage you to get it. Not only will you have a fantastic resource delivered right to your door, you will be supporting adoption! I'll let you in on a little secret. (Well, really it isn't a secret since they have announced it on their Facebook page...) Joe and Julie are in the adoption process again! Proceeds from this CD sale will fund the cost to bring their new children home! Praise God!

3 comments on "8CP Fonts on CD?!? YES!"

Rita on October 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM said...

Their fonts are amazing!

gardentilly on October 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM said...

I have all of their fonts and can't wait for my CD to come home. Wonderful!!!

dmc366 on March 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM said...

Janay,
you are such a wealth of information and so generous with sharing it. I am so glad I met you and have you in my life ;)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates