Monday, January 14, 2013

A truly CUSTOM baby gift


I love getting emails from Tiffany! (And I'm pretty sure I've started a blog post with that exclamation before.) She always has a vision for unique and meaningful gifts -- the kind of inside jokes that only the recipient will really get. It's so much fun to make her visions a reality!
One item is an "I share with..." bib; Constance is the family dog. (It's hard to believe it's been over five years since I made the first bib like this that she requested!) The text is Embird Alphabet #18, and the paw prints came from Sew Forum (no longer available).
The other bib has the words: "All Hail The Sibling Master!" (She said, "It's a funny term they've started using after someone described the baby's relationship to the dog--the aforementioned Constance--in that way.") I used 8CP Fonts: Pottery for the top line and Arizona for the bottom line.
Finally, the burp cloth is a play on Rene Magritte's painting "Le Trahison des Images." Tiffany said in reference to the dad, "One of his courses is literary theory. Magritte's pipe is a starting point for a lot of discussions and...well...I'm sure you math people have a lot of jokes that are only funny to other math people, right?"
The text says, "Ceci n'est pas une bouteille." Which translates, "This is not a bottle." Because it's not a bottle. It's a burp cloth with an image of a bottle. :)
The bottle is a Grand Slam design, and I added the text with 8CP's Brass (retired).


1 comments on "A truly CUSTOM baby gift"

Tiffany on January 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM said...

I do not have words for how much I love how this gift turned out! Thank you a million times over for your patience with me because I know my orders can be very time-consuming. I still can't get over how much you rocked the bottle/pipe design on the burp cloth. You absolutely captured the image perfectly!!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates