Saturday, April 4, 2009

Daddy's requested burp cloth


A while back Carlin and Annaliese were playing superheros, she called herself Batgirl and dressed up in her mask and wore Daddy's cape. Carlin often pretends to be Batman with her. They decided Dashiell will be Robin when he's old enough to join in on the fun. When I did the last batch of burp cloths for Torin, Carlin requested one for Dashiell, too. Carlin didn't think he'd like the "flannel down the middle" style, but still wanted the symbol on red, and suggested this:

For this version I bought 1.5" ribbon and stitched a smaller version of the design on the ribbon. And it's off center for a reason -- Robin's symbol is a pocket-sized emblem, not a big chest emblem. There is always a method to Carlin Trammel's madness :)

2 comments on "Daddy's requested burp cloth"

Daisha on April 4, 2009 at 10:30 PM said...

I was wondering about that design when I saw it Sunday.

It's really cute, but I couldn't figure out why he'd be Robin. Now I know. :)

-Daisha

Unknown on April 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM said...

Nice. Way to tweak it and make it better! :) I like it off center. I never thought about the pocket location. I also really like the bigger ribbon. I think the Kid Flash would look better with that too. Our next boy is definitely getting this design. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates