Sunday, November 9, 2008

Burp Cloths for Torin


Jason and Anna, a week into parenthood, discovered that their meager supply of burp cloths was not sufficient. Jason requested some more, using the super hero logos I digitized for Torin's ribbon blanket. The problem is two of these logos have a white circle with the other image inside of it. Since a white circle won't really show up on a white cloth diaper very well we started brainstorming another solution. Eventually I remembered that lots of "boutiquey" burp cloths are simply a piece of fabric added to the middle section of a cloth diaper (see these at Target for example). So this was my solution:

I did the applique designs on strips of flannel, which I then stitched onto the middle section of the cloth diaper. Here are individual shots of each burp cloth:



I'm anxious to hear from them after a couple weeks of use if they like this style of burp cloth. I may have to make myself some to test out in a couple months. :)

1 comments on "Burp Cloths for Torin"

jazzo on November 11, 2008 at 4:41 AM said...

Janay, i love how the burp cloths are a match to the ribbon blankie, you are so very creative...LOVE IT

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates