Friday, November 21, 2008

First items for our baby


With only 6 weeks to go, I finally did some initial stitching for our expected baby boy! Carlin's office threw a baby shower for him yesterday, inviting Annaliese and I to join them. It seemed bizarre to go to a baby shower empty handed :) so I decided to make a couple things specifically for my Mr. Carlin Trammel and take them as a surprise.

First of all I did a burp cloth for Daddy. I'm due Dec 29, so LORD WILLING this will be used by Carlin. But if the baby doesn't cooperate, I guess we'll give it to another deserving family. :D

The dollar bill-like frame is from a freebie on Ann the Gran. I deleted the middle of the design and added the text with Embird alphabet #8.

The green cloth diaper is from a pack of Gerber prefold premium cloth diapers. The "boy" pack has 2 each of dark blue, light blue and green. The "girl" pack has purple and 2 shades of pink. I had seen them for the first time when I went to register, and decided I must try them! I'm probably one of the few people that registers for blank diapers, onesies and bibs... thankfully I've started receiving those items and can begin personalizing!

The other thing I stitched for our baby is a onesie:
I took Carlin's Stormspeed Entertainment logo that I digitized last week, and added the text "Newest Star" across it. Should be pretty appropriate since Carlin uses Annaliese a lot in his projects.

It was nice to finally start to do something for our soon-to-be second born!

0 comments on "First items for our baby"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates