Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Carlin!


Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. I've had this idea for quite a while, and I'm pretty pleased I pulled it off.
Originally our house was built with an attached garage. The previous owner enclosed the garage creating two extra rooms, one that we use for an office (the other is the laundry room). Since the office used to be the garage, the electrical panel box is in there. In the process of enclosing it, the wall became several inches deeper, but the panel box is still along the exterior part. Consequently there was a rather large hole cut out in the drywall, with a cabinet door mounted over it. Decent solution, no major complaints. That is until Carlin started hanging pictures, posters and artwork. Then it looked really out of place.

He mentioned a while back that it would be nice to make that door into a cork board or something more functional. I nodded in agreement and filed that away in my head. Today, I finally created a solution.

Instead of buying a cork board, I bought foam board (cut down to 19" square) and covered it with batting and fabric. It should still hold pushpins securely, and it allowed me to add an embroidery embellishment. Which is what I'm even more proud of...
I digitized Carlin Trammel's Stormspeed Entertainment Logo!!

I had played around with digitizing a filled embroidery design back in February, and then recently did a few applique designs for a friend. For Carlin's logo, I combined both parts. Certainly not perfect, but I'm really pleased with my first shot. Here's a close-up; actual size of design is about 6"x5.5".

2 comments on "Happy Birthday, Carlin!"

LT on November 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM said...

Way to go, Janay! Very nice!

Tiffany on November 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM said...

That looks great! I'll be he was thrilled!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates