Sunday, June 27, 2010

I AM SO EXCITED!!!


The past two Fridays were very exciting days for me! All of this blogging has paid off in a new way!
First, Lyndsie of Lynnie Pinnie asked on Facebook if anyone was interested in being a tester for her applique designs. Thankfully I happened to be on Facebook at that time and was able to respond -- and I was selected! This means I get a sneak peek at upcoming designs and have the opportunity to stitch them out for free, in return for nice photographs of my work. (That's no problem since I'm obviously already in the habit of that!) I was giddy as I could be! I have tested designs already (more on that in a sec).

Then a couple days ago Julie of 8 Claws and a Paw contacted me personally about doing test stitching for her as well! I was blown away! If you've read any of my blog posts, you know that I use 8CAP's fonts on virtually all of my projects. In return for testing her designs and providing photos, she's giving me a free subscription to her Claws and Paws Font Club! As if I don't have enough font options already, now I have access to over 350 fonts! I know it's crazy, but each week she releases something new that is just adorable, so I'm very excited. :) I received my first set of designs to test this morning and will work on that this week.

The designs I tested for Lyndsie are now available on her site for purchase, so I can share pictures of them with you now. First I tested this applique grill. I put it on a towel and plan to send it to my dad. I had fun picking fabrics for this -- love the marble gray/black on the inside of the grill and the brown swirls for the burgers.

The other design I tested last week was LP's American Cutie Applique (it's a freebie so go grab it!) I already had plans for Annaliese's Fourth of July shirt (that will be another blog post tomorrow), so I stitched this on a onesie. I do not have a recipient in mind for it -- that may be a first for me! So I have this 3-6 month onesie available if anyone wants it. :)



So there you have it, my news! I've been on cloud nine and I'm glad I finally took the time to share it with you. :)

3 comments on "I AM SO EXCITED!!!"

Cindy's Custom Creations on June 27, 2010 at 10:54 PM said...

What an honor and how FUN! Your stuff stitches out so great so you'll be a great tester!

Daisha on June 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM said...

That's great! And it gets you even more exposure!!

Cole's Corner on June 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

Woooooo Hoooooooo!

Your items look great, also.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates