Saturday, June 12, 2010

Precious in His Sight


Ok, confession time... this order really stumped me, I'm embarrassed to say.

Carlin's sweet grandmother called a while back to order a few baby gift sets. She doesn't know the gender of the expected babies, so she needs something generic. Since I am all about personalization and customization, I was left totally blank. Even in the rare cases that I make a gift without knowing the baby's name, I usually do something career, hobby or sports team related that would be meaningful to the family. But I don't know these families at all! There are so many cute, generic things in the stores (selling for less than can make them) that I wanted it to be unique and special, worth the effort!

Mama Bailey is a wonderful, godly woman and I thought she'd enjoy giving a gift with a Christian theme. Except for online or maybe at a Bible book store, you can't find Christian baby items very easily, so I decided to go that route.

The lamb design is from Designs by JuJu. I added "Precious in His Sight" with Embird Alphabet #8. It was a fun challenge to pick a gender-neutral color scheme, too!

One of the families she's giving a gift set to has picked out a name for their son, so he's getting a personalized set:

I used the applique G from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet. I used the Whoa Nelly font from 8 Claws and a Paw for "Graham".

2 comments on "Precious in His Sight"

Cole's Corner on June 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM said...

That would probably stump me, too, but you did GREAT! It is sooo cute and unique and definity good for either gender. I love that little lamb!

Unknown on June 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM said...

What a great idea. I love it!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates