Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Little Sparkler and Firecracker


When I made Amy's Fourth of July place mat, I knew at that point I was going to use Lynnie Pinnie's applique firecracker on shirts for the kids -- it stitched quick and is really cute.
Well, before I could get them made, I was shopping in the baby dept at Walmart with the kids. Annaliese saw an adorable baby girl outfit that said "Daddy's Little Sparkler" and thought it was precious. Believing I can replicate anything (insert rolling eyes), she asked for one. I was pretty sure Lynnie Pinnie had a similar design, so I said I would give it a try:

Sigh... the things we do for our kids. Dashiell's shirt took all of 15 minutes to stitch; Annaliese's took about an hour. But it was all worth it -- her reaction when she saw it was priceless. She loves it and said it was even cuter than the one in the store! :)
I used LP's Applique Patriotic Sparkler Girl, and added the "Daddy's Little Sparkler" with Whimsey from 8 Claws and a Paw.

Dashiell's was much less complicated, but I love it! I used LP's applique firecracker. Daddy thought the Whimsey font was a bit to girly, so I used Embird Alphabet #14 for adding "Mommy's Little Firecracker".

Have a Happy Independence Day!

3 comments on "Our Little Sparkler and Firecracker"

Sheila on June 29, 2010 at 1:49 PM said...

Those are ADORABLE!!

Cindy's Custom Creations on June 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM said...

So cute! I love them!

Cole's Corner on June 30, 2010 at 3:32 PM said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love their little smiles!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates