Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gift for Geek-to-be


Oh hello internet, this is your pal Carlin Trammel, Janay's husband, here writing this blog entry.

I tell you...what a strange world we live in now. In some ways, it's disheartening to see that the pervasiveness of the internet has caused society to be much more guarded against personal contact. Because of technology, we no longer need to interact with other people to do many of the things that required personal assistance not too long ago. The internet is also causing people to be more brash because of anonymity or defunct in their interpersonal skills because of a lack of practice.

[Hey, what does all this have to do with sewing cute pictures of deer or bees onto bibs or blankies?]

Well, every so often, the value of human interaction transcends convenience. What makes the internet worth having isn't the ability to settle arguments instantly with a trip to Google or being able to bank while sitting in my pajamas. Those things are nice, but what actually makes the internet worth having is that rare occurrence when you are able to meet and connect with someone who you never would have met otherwise.

Within the last year, my use of Twitter has grown. While I have enjoyed making jokes and reading links, it's the new friendships I have made on there that have made it the most fun. One such Twitter friend of mine lives up in Oakville, Ontario. While it's possible we attended the same comic book convention at some point in our history, our paths would never have crossed without Twitter. And without Twitter, Christian Nielsen's new baby wouldn't be getting a couple of pretty cool things.

First up, because Christian is a member of The Atomic Geeks podcast,

Janay and I came up with this "ATOMIC GEEK IN TRAINING" design with a pseudo-mushroom cloud in the background. The mushroom cloud is actually a chef's hat, but it works great for this design.

And to complete this set, since Christian likes comics, the new baby will also have this "This is not a bib, they put my cape on backwards" Superman bib. We don't know if this new child is a boy or a girl, so it's actually possible this is a Supergirl bib.

So there you go my internet friend. Enjoy these items, but more importantly enjoy your new family addition.

4 comments on "Gift for Geek-to-be"

Cindy's Custom Creations on July 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM said...

The bib on backwards! Genius! What awesome personalized gifts!!

Janay on July 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM said...

Thanks! This kind of thing is why I LOVE being able to do custom embroidery!

I agree, the bib on backwards is a genius idea... that I copied. :) Follow the link to see the first one I stitched for my son, includes credit for my inspiration.

Christian on July 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM said...

Flabbergasted by your generosity! Flabbergasted! I like that word. Needless to say Janay, "The Wife" and I are thrilled with both of these items. The bib is especially fantastic but then again a onesie with THE ATOMIC GEEKS logo...so hard to decide. They are both equally fantastic! Thanks you so very much for your excellent work and words cannot describe how excited we will be to put them to good use. I said flabbergasted right? Oh yeah, your husband seems like a decent fella too.

Janay on July 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM said...

That Carlin is a decent fella, glad I snagged him so early on. :)
And I'm so happy you are thrilled with your gift, it was fun to make!
Enjoy that new baby when he or she arrives!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates