Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hair Clippies!


Ok, I finally jumped on the hair clippies bandwagon. I've seen so many adorable examples (mostly on Nicole's blog), but never pursued it... until Gail released these adorable owl felt stitchies on GG Designs. It's based on the same clip art as an applique owl at Embroidery Boutique, which Kathy has used to make Annaliese a couple of owl shirts. (It also coordinates with this free owl from DigitStitches.)

This is my first set of owl hair clips.  I used fabric for the top layer instead of felt because I was trying to match Annaliese's shirt as best I could.  It wasn't until I clipped it in her hair that I realized the "branch" barrette was the same color as her hair, duh! Oh well!

Since then I have found turquoise flannel, so I'll be able to make Springwood Owl clippies pretty quickly -- these might be fun to donate to an auction later in the year.

The clip covers are sold separately from all the variety of stitchies that Gail sells.  But the ladybug actually comes with clip covers that look like leaves, so I bought that set in order to get my clip covers. They turned out quite cute:

Believe it or not, Annaliese does not have a ladybug shirt. She has asked me to fix this problem. We'll see... :)

4 comments on "Hair Clippies!"

Sheila on October 10, 2010 at 8:58 PM said...

I just did a bunch of these too and they are SOOO CUTE!! Love the blue owl!

Unknown on October 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM said...

Super cute!

Harold Trammel on October 10, 2010 at 9:39 PM said...

If you give a moose a muffin....

Cole's Corner on October 11, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...

You're gonna be hooked now!!!
Those things are so quick and addicting.

and she definitely needs a ladybug shirt to match her new clips!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates