Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why I save scraps


Last week I bought these cute leggings for Annaliese on clearance at The Children's Place.
Got home, realized she does not have a single shirt that matches this odd shade of purple. My friend Valerie made a keen observation -- they probably pick these slightly off-norm shades on purpose so you have to buy all the coordinating items in their store.  Oh, but not so with me!!  I'll show you Children's Place, I can make something adorable that matches!!

But wait, I get home and look through all of my fabrics and can't find a single purple fabric that matches.  I have at least 17 different purple materials in my stash, and none of them are remotely close. Seriously?? Sigh...

But wait!  My friend Sandy recently gave me tons of materials, even scraps from old projects.  I look through it all and find this jewel:

Now, I have no idea what Sandy used this for, you'll have to take that up with her, but I'm sure it was several years ago. :)  Anyway, look at this tiny little section.
It's a perfect match!  And just the right size for this little bow:

(That's all you get to see for now, this is a design I'm testing for Lynnie Pinnie, and I'll share pictures once she releases it for sale. It's adorable!)

So there you go, this is why I find it worth saving any scrap of material bigger than a 1" square. That's probably why my sewing area is such a disaster.
Thanks Sandy for using such an interesting piece of material, saving your scraps, and then giving them to me! :)

1 comments on "Why I save scraps"

Tracy on October 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM said...

I love it! Personally, I also love non-matching days too, where kids have all kinds of funky things on at once.
:)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates