Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stitching for Jenn


Jenn asked me to make a few things for some special people in her life. First, a sweet shirt for Lauren who just turned one:
Jenn loved the little giraffe I used for Riley's set, so I used the same design and font for Lauren. It's Lynnie Pinnie's fringe giraffe (a freebie on Sew Forum) and the Happy font from 8 Claws and a Paw.
Jenn didn't want Lauren's big sister to feel left out, so Natalie got a little something special as well, a crayon purse:
The crayon purse design is from Sewing For Sarah, and I added her name with the Swirley font from 8 Claws and a Paw.
I used some fun Riley Blake fabric (that I won from Whimsical Fabrics) for the pockets on both sides. This shows the back pocket:
And this top view shows how a little pad of paper or sheets of stickers fit on the opposite side.
(I haven't made one of those in a LONG time. LOVE them. They are so cute, a great gift for a little girl!)

Next, a bib for a little boy. The "A" is from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet, and I added "Asher" with Whoa Nelly from 8CP.
And finally, a couple stay-put towels for her mother-in-law:
(You can read more about my first one here).
The cherry design is from 8 Claws and a Paw (thanks Julie!!) and I added "Becky's Kitchen" with Embird alphabet #7.

5 comments on "Stitching for Jenn"

Danielle Storm on July 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM said...

You are so talented Janay. Great work!

Jenn on July 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM said...

They all turned out better than I could have imagined! Thank you again for sharing your amazing gift!!

Tiffany on April 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM said...

Oh! Oh! I LOVE this! Look at the little mane -- precious!

Cheree on May 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM said...

Hi Janay. I just joined your blog and am "jaw" dropped amazed! I have so many questions and hope I am not going beyond the scope of what you feel comfy answering. First, what kind of machine do you use? Secondly, where can I find the crayon purse pattern? I have many, many more questions, but wanted to start here. Thanks so much!

Janay on May 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM said...

Hi Cheree!
Stick around long enough and you'll discover I don't keep any secrets. :)
The crayon purse pattern is from Sewing For Sarah. It looks like my link is broken, so she must have changed her website. Honestly I haven't purchased any of her designs in years. I found this site, but didn't search through to find the crayon rolls/purses. Good luck! You might do better emailing her for assistance: http://www.sewingforsarah.webs.com/

I have two machines, but the one I have used for five years and is my primary machine is a Janome MC10001. It's a combo sewing/embroidery machine. I also have a Brother ULT2003D (another combo), which has a 6x10 hoop, so I use it for large designs and in-hoop projects.
Hope that helps, and welcome!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates