Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Maddox is Two!


Maddox turned two and his mommy asked me to make a birthday shirt for him. Now, for those of you who know Katie, that might come as a surprise -- she is an EXCELLENT seamstress, and has an embroidery machine of her own! But for now she's limited to a 4x4" field and wanted a bigger design for his birthday shirt. I was happy to oblige!

Although can I admit that it's a bit intimidating to do embroidery for someone who does it herself? I think this was a first for me! (Well, I have made stuff for Maddox and his baby sister before, but I didn't know at that time that Katie had an embroidery machine, too.) She knows what to look for in a good stitch out, I felt extra pressure to do my best! :)
Katie wanted a candle number with his name, so I suggested the same combo I used last year for Grant, the Applique Birthday Candle Numbers and Whoa Nelly both from 8 Claws and a Paw. Katie supplied the shirt and fabric, so this was pretty quick to make!
Poor little Maddox ended up being pretty sick on his birthday :( but he's feeling better now and I saw him wearing his shirt tonight at church. Such a cutie!

1 comments on "Maddox is Two!"

Jacquie on March 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM said...

Nicely done.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates