Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Riley is One!


First, let's start with the birthday girl, and then we'll discuss her shirt :)
Isn't she precious?!?
Michelle and I had already been discussing what to do for Riley's first birthday onesie, pretty sure we were going to go with an owl theme. Facebook then played a huge role in the production process. I commented on Savvy Stitches' photo, and Michelle noticed that, checked out the picture and immediately sent me a message saying she wanted a design just like it. I had never seen that particular owl before, but I knew Sheila (another one of those "friends I've never met") was starting to digitize herself and it just might be hers. So I sent her a message asking about it. She replied immediately that she was already planning on asking me to test the design for her since she knew I had a thing for owls. WOW talk about a collision of perfectly timed events. :)
Michelle ordered the onesie and skirt from Old Navy and then I got to work. I first of all tested the whole design on a bib, it stitched perfectly, and then I moved onto the onesie.
I used Embird Alphabet #8 for "Look whooo's". The "1" is from Chubby Wubby Applique Numbers from GG Designs, and I used the Chez font from 8 Claws and a Paw for her name.
Now, the applique owl design is not yet available. Sheila is busy getting all of her ducks in a row before launching a site (probably this summer). So hang on, it will be available before you know it. Until then, you can become a fan of Savvy Stitches Applique on Facebook. Thanks Sheila for letting me be a tester so I could create this cute shirt for Riley!
UPDATE: you can now find this curious little owl on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/98607269/curious-little-owl-machine-embroidery

1 comments on "Riley is One!"

Jacquie on March 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM said...

So cute, Janay.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates