Friday, March 2, 2012

Welcoming Baby Shepherd


A co-worker of my husband is a brand new daddy, so I made the following items for my husband to take to the shower at work today. (It was supposed to be last week, but Shepherd decided to make his grand entrance the day before the shower, so it got postponed.)
Daddy got his degree at FSU film school, so my husband's first request was to bring this clapboard idea back out of my archives. :) I used Lynnie Pinnie's Movie Marker design, deleting out the text it comes with and inserting my own with Embird Alphabet #2. Isn't this ribbon perfect? Makes me think of film!
Both Mommy and Daddy are big Nebraska fans, so I was thrilled to get to use this football applique alphabet from Starbird Stock Designs. At the time I made this, Shepherd's name was a secret, so I went with "N" for Nix, and hey, Nebraska as well! ;)
I was going to stop there, but since we now know the baby's name, I decided I just *had* to personalize something else, and chose a bib. I had a sweet design all ready to go when my husband said it would be hilarious if I could incorporate some sort of delivery truck. He and the daddy have some running gag going on at work about delivery trucks... so here you go. Odd, yes, but if it makes Daddy laugh, I suppose that's what's important. :) And it turned out to be a big hit! I used Applique Momma's Ambulance design, deleting out several elements to make it a plain truck. I added the text with Embird Alphabet #2, and used my favorite Whoa Nelly font from 8 Claws and a Paw for Shepherd.
Ok, I'm sure that makes you think my husband works for UPS, but he doesn't. In fact, he works for Onyx, and the company gave Shepherd a little onesie with their brand on it. This year for "Take Your Lil Dot to Work Day" Shepherd can join in the fun!
Oh how I love making truly one-of-kind custom gifts!!

2 comments on "Welcoming Baby Shepherd"

emily/thesearethedays on March 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM said...

These are such wonderful and special gifts! Thank you so much... I can't tell you how much they (and the thought behind them!) mean to us!

Janay on March 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM said...

You are so very welcome! :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates