Thursday, March 8, 2012

Recent Monogramming


Here are a few random items that I simply added a monogram to. First up, some lovely bibs that my friend got as a baby shower gift -- they just needed a little G on them, easy peasy, right? Well... except that capital Gs often look WEIRD, so it took a while to decide what I wanted to use!
The paisley bib is so lovely that I went with a more scripty fancy G. I used Stella from 8 Claws and a Paw.
 For the striped bib I decided to go with a more traditional looking G, but one that is whimsical. This is Pizazz from 8CP.
 I stitched this H (Brass from 8CP) on this little zipper bag. Can you see it??? I did such a fantastic job picking a font that fit the motif and matched the thread so well that it just blends right in! :)

And finally I monogrammed these little kitty blankies. My friend's daughter has one that she ADORES and must have with her at all times. Her mommy was SMART and bought a couple extras to add into the rotation, that way little Kendal is never without one. :) I used Embird Alphabet #17 to match the original blanket monogrammed in Curlz.
On it's own, the curlz font is very thin, and I was afraid it would get lost in this super soft fabric. So I finally had the bright idea to increase the pull compensation on an Embird alphabet -- WOW I wish I had thought to try that years ago!

5 comments on "Recent Monogramming"

Shannon on March 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM said...

Those bibs are cute! I know what you mean - some letters just look weird! My daughter, Olivia, is an "O" and sometimes they look too plain and I have to dig to find one I like. That zipper bag looks like the same pattern as some Thirty One bags I have. I have not gotten brave enough to try any bags yet. (Shannonsnail from AF)

Keitswiff on March 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM said...

Agree with comments re: weird fonts at times. The capitol S is another one.
Embird #7 is the first one I bought, but the "N" looks funny to me. I use it anyway. If stitching on fleece or towels, I have learned to add some fill stitches if I increase the compensation up really high, say, 130. #27 is a good one to "play" with, using the envelope feature. Love your blog and your work!! Pat from NC

Janay on March 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM said...

Shannon, you are correct! This Thirty-One zipper bag was actually pretty easy to monogram on. Eventually I'll have some more to do like it, so I'll take a pic of how I hoop it on my single needle for you. :) I never say "yes" to a bag, it's always, "maybe" until I get my hands on it and see if I can manipulate it enough to easily hoop. I've messed my machine up once trying to do a backpack, so I'm very careful what I say yes to until I have a "beast" of my own!

Pat, I like Embird #7 a lot, but agree that the N (and M for that matter) look a little funny. Personally I struggle with my own initials... Fancy J's and I's look a lot alike, and Fancy T's look like J's!! So for my initials JT... well I have a hard time finding a font I like. Probably why I rarely monogram stuff for myself!

SophiaMarie on March 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM said...

Those bibs are adorable!! Any idea where they came from??? or did someone make them??? Always love you choices Janay and the info and details you give about them. (Sophiamarie/Angela from af)

Janay on March 9, 2012 at 8:46 PM said...

Angela, they were purchased locally at a boutique here, so I'm not sure if they are a custom made item or what... it's a relatively new shop and I haven't visited it yet. They were nice, a thick woven material on top (seemed thicker than quilter's cotton, not sure what it was) and terry cloth on the back.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates