Monday, April 2, 2012

Welcoming Baby Brayden


Debbie's daughter is expecting a baby boy, so she ordered a couple burp cloths for him:
When she contacted me about the order she shared what bedding set her daughter was registered for:
I immediately thought of the Riley Blake striped fabric I had and some turtle embroidery designs. After sharing a few links we settled on Lynnie Pinnie's Applique Turtle. Before getting started I took the fabric to church and she brought me a blanket from the bedding set -- you would not believe how PERFECTLY the RB stripe matches this set! I was so giddy!
I spent a couple days trying to decide how to use the stripe fabric. One idea was easy peasy; I just reused the embroidery file from a Brayden burp cloth I made last fall but used the stripe instead. The "B" is from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet, and I added the name with Whoa Nelly From 8 Claws and a Paw.
For the turtle burp cloth I really didn't want to use the stripe on the actual turtle, so I decided to use fabric on the end of the burp cloth instead of my traditional piece of ribbon. Ummmmm.... confession time, I think I've only done that once before and it was in 2007! So I was going to have to suck it up and ask for assistance on construction method... but before having to do so Charming Station posted this video tutorial! Yay for perfect timing! It worked pretty well. The major thing I did different was tucking the ends under on the back side instead of the front side. I also used some steam-a-seam on the front before stitching so it wouldn't shift -- I didn't want those stripes to be really wonky. I should have used my walking foot... I'll remember that next time. It turned out so cute!

0 comments on "Welcoming Baby Brayden"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates