Debbie's daughter is expecting a baby boy, so she ordered a couple burp cloths for him:
Lynnie Pinnie's Applique Turtle. Before getting started I took the fabric to church and she brought me a blanket from the bedding set -- you would not believe how PERFECTLY the RB stripe matches this set! I was so giddy!
I spent a couple days trying to decide how to use the stripe fabric. One idea was easy peasy; I just reused the embroidery file from a Brayden burp cloth I made last fall but used the stripe instead. The "B" is from Embroidery Boutique's Fun Applique Alphabet, and I added the name with Whoa Nelly From 8 Claws and a Paw.
video tutorial! Yay for perfect timing! It worked pretty well. The major thing I did different was tucking the ends under on the back side instead of the front side. I also used some steam-a-seam on the front before stitching so it wouldn't shift -- I didn't want those stripes to be really wonky. I should have used my walking foot... I'll remember that next time. It turned out so cute!