Saturday, April 28, 2012

Proud of their Dad!!!


Today my husband graduated from Florida State University with his master's degree. We are immensely proud of his hard work and success in school while working full time as the sole provider of our family. He's amazing and awesome and I love him very much!
So you know me... I just had to make the kids something special to wear for graduation!

 I created the design using two different fonts. The D comes from Five Star Font's Diploma~Graduation Monogram Font. The rest of the text is Becky from 8 Claws and a Paw. It took me FOREVER to pick a font which at the 3" size was a satin stitch the same width as the D's satin stitch. I had to do a touch of resizing and adjusting the pull compensation, but it turned out great IMHO. :)
I've had this FSU fabric in my stash for a long time (picked it up as a remnant) and it was the *perfect* amount to make a skirt for Annaliese! I followed the tutorial for a Girly Twirly Skirt posted on Just Deanna. It's a decent length, so she should get some good wear out of it.
We are all thrilled that this chapter in our life is over, and anxious to see what God has in store for us next!

3 comments on "Proud of their Dad!!!"

jazzo on April 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM said...

Janay!!!! Yay, so happy for your family and you should be proud of your DH! Congratulations! jazzoAF;)

Jacquie on April 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM said...

Congratulations to all. That is awesome!

Tiffany on May 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM said...

So, so cute! Congratulations to Carlin, and major kudos to you for such cute designs!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates