Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gifts of Appreciation


This week is teacher appreciation week in our county. An idea I saw on Pinterest inspired my first gift:
Isn't that SODA-lighted tag so cute? You can get here. I attached it to this can kookie I made for Annaliese's teacher in their school colors. I used Embird alphabet #7 for the text.

For Dashiell's beloved Ms. Martha I made a casserole carrier. She had admired mine at Thanksgiving, but I ran out of time at Christmas to make her one, and completely dropped the ball on getting it done for her birthday.

The chef hat and utensils design is from Embroidery Library. I used Embird Alphabet #8 for the text. The border design came from Dee Giles.
(And with this I am out of all the red placemats I bought in 2007. I have a pair of green and a handful of ivory left. I'll be so sad when they are gone, I haven't found a good source for these at the same price.)

A friend of Carlin hosted our family for the weekend. I had never met his friend's wife, but wanted to take a little something as a gift. Knowing that they had a 19 month old son, I figured a Stay-Put towel would be appreciated. :)
Not knowing what their kitchen looked like I selected a neutral fabric (thanks Joy!). This time I placed the monogram on the fabric instead of the bottom corner of the towel. The H is Brass from 8CP.

 I also wanted to make a little something for their son. Daddy is such a big fan of the Flash that I figured PJ already had a shirt (I was right!) so I made this tote bag. I digitized the symbol myself (for personal use only) and added his name with Mandi from 8CP

I love being able to create personalized gifts to say, "Hey, thanks!" :)

10 comments on "Gifts of Appreciation"

Mary on May 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM said...

I just love these towels that you make. Every time you post one, I tell myself that I'm going to make myself a few. I really need to do it this time!

Paxton on May 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM said...

And we loved both the towel and the Flash bag. Thank you do much, Janay.

Tiffany on May 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM said...

That soda tag cracks me up! And the towel is so beautiful. I like what you did with the monogram on this one best of all the ones you've posted, I think. you have such a great eye!

Dedra Rainey on May 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM said...

Ok girl! Do you have a tutorial for that towel? Love it!

Janay on May 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM said...

Mary, you totally need to do it.

Pax, I'm glad you like them!

Tiffany, I really like the monogram on the fabric, too, and shhhhhhhh... it was WAY faster than putting the monogram on the other end of the towel! ;)

Dedra, I don't have a full blown tutorial. You can read about my first stay put towel here: http://janaysquilts.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-style-of-hand-towel.html
The gal who inspired me was inspired by this EL tutorial: http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/ELProjects/Simpleproduct_ELP.aspx?productid=PR1491

Dedra Rainey on May 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM said...

I need that "L" stitch design! I really need to start playing around with doing some digitizing...

jazzo on May 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM said...

Janay, This is such a clever idea! Love all the stuff you come up with.

SonyaB on February 4, 2015 at 12:26 PM said...

I love your stay-put towels. Do you sale them?

Unknown on November 10, 2018 at 10:50 PM said...

Do you make these and sell them? I would love to pay you to do it. I like the towels with the monogram fabric. I would cneed six for Christmas presents

Unknown on May 3, 2021 at 12:34 AM said...

Yes please towel tutorial very appreciated thanks in advance

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates