Sunday, May 13, 2012

Daddy's Taking Us to the Zoo Tomorrow!


Well, actually Daddy took them to the zoo last weekend. Mommy is really behind on blogging. :)
 A weekend trip to Jacksonville gave us the opportunity to go to the zoo, which gave me the opportunity to use these lime shirts sitting in my stash AND some MCA Appliqués that I recently purchased:
 Aren't these designs cute? It was my first time stitching MCA designs (I think) and they stitched very well. The challenging part was deciding what fabrics to use. I was pretty excited to find three different shades of yellow/tan with tone-on-tone dots... They worked great for both designs!

I picked MCA's Lion for Dashiell. He's been asking for a lion shirt for a while and this is the cutest design I know of. :) The mane is raggy, and now that I've washed it twice it's frayed nicely, super cute! I added the phrase "There's a Lion in the Room!" because Dashiell goes around saying it often. We have no idea why or where he got it from, but it's really funny, and we wanted to document this fun stage.
Here he is roaring with the lions, in front of a glass wall. That's as close as you can get to the lions, and I'm ok with that. ;)
Annaliese chose MCA's Giraffe Pair. Wouldn't this design make a great Big Sister shirt?? She wasn't down with that idea though. She wanted me to add "Two heads are better than one" but I opted to leave it off (for space reasons). She's brought it up a couple times since, so I may be rehooping the shirt... The one request I did permit was leaving the smile off of the little one. I'm not sure why she thought it was cuter without.
And here she is up close and personal feeding a giraffe. It was really cool!

3 comments on "Daddy's Taking Us to the Zoo Tomorrow!"

Mary on May 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM said...

I love both of the designs on the green tees! I can't wait to stitch those out too...definitely the cutest lion that I've seen.

gardentilly on May 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM said...

Your children look so cute in their shirts. Lime green is my favorite color.

jazzo on May 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM said...

Love the lime green shirts. Your kiddos are so adorable and they are growing up so fast.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates