Friday, May 18, 2012

P is for Preschool!


I know I have mentioned being behind on my blog and not able to sew as much as usual, but I don't think I have ever explained why. In January a teacher at our church's preschool needed to take a leave of absence for the rest of the year and I agreed to take her place a couple mornings a week. So this semester I have spent quality time with four sweet boys, and wanted to make them a special gift which I gave them at the year end program last night:
My original plan was to monogram these tote bags simply with their first initial and be done, but I was inspired by several teacher appreciation projects I've seen posted on groups/forums and opted to go this route. I used Embroidery Boutique's Fun applique alphabet for the monogram, and used 8CP's Whoa Nelly to add the "J is for Jackson".
In addition to the bags, I made them each a pencil roll using Sewing For Sarah's design. (I have not purchased anything from SFS in several years, not even sure that site is active, but under FAQ an email address is listed, give it a shot if interested.)

1 comments on "P is for Preschool!"

Jacquie on May 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM said...

Great gifts. I love the alphabet fabric that you used. I am sure they love them.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates