Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcoming Baby Annabelle


Sue requested lots of neat custom items for her new granddaughter. I enjoy getting orders from Sue because it stretches me to be creative! This is going to be an imaged filled post, so I'm going to do my best not to be too wordy or you'll never make it to the end. And I'll never get it published... most of this was made at the very beginning of April!
Daddy is a big Nascar Fan, so I used this race car from Designs by JuJu's Speedy Race Cars set. I deleted the number it came with and inserted in the number of his favorite driver with Embird Alphabet #16, and added the text with #2 (skewed with an envelope function).
Mommy is a nurse and loves purple. Sue asked for a design like the baby doctor design I have used in the past. I found this one in my stash from Artistic Threadworks, and added the text with Embird Alphabet #7.
Big sister is quite the soccer player and loves green, so we created this. I used a design from DBJJ's "The Stix Kids Play Sports" set, and Embird Alphabet #8 for the text.
And this one requires a bit more explanation... Mommy is called "Aunt Pickle" by other kids in the family, so from the beginning of the pregnancy Sue's husband named the baby "Sweet Gherkin." The pickle applique is from Applique Alley and I used Embird Alphabet #17 for the text.
The next thing Sue wanted was a set of holiday bibs for Annabelle. I've gotten the first two done, but still have several to go. For Easter I used an egg from Lynnie Pinnie's Egg Trio and for the Fourth of July bib I used a freebie star from My Embroidery Haven's yahoo group. I used alpha #7 for all the text.
And finally I did a name banner (using the Frayed Block Letters from Hang To Dry):
My goal was to coordinate with this bedding set, which is a challenge to do when I can't see the item in person, it was only available online:
I picked an assortment of purples and mauvy-pinks hoping that at least a few would match perfectly! :)
I'm pretty sure Annabelle is set for now, don't you think? :)

3 comments on "Welcoming Baby Annabelle"

Lori M. on May 29, 2012 at 6:40 PM said...

Everything is adorable Janay. You did a great job.

Lori

Crystal on June 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM said...

Janay,
As the receipent of all these wonderful items, I wanted to let you know we love them! I got her name banner hung and it matches beautifully. Everyone loved their own burp rag and the bibs are wonderful! I also cried when I got the "Special Delivery" onesie. I figured mom would order one, but I didn't expect it to be lavender! As always, we love your work!!
Crystal

Janay on June 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM said...

Crystal, thank you so much for stopping by, you made my day!! I'm so glad you are pleased with everything. I special ordered that lavender onesie -- your mom knows you well. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates