Monday, May 21, 2007

Embellishing Hand-Me-Downs


This weekend I took the opportunity to embellish some hand-me-downs. These are the BEST things to practice on:
*I didn't pay for them
*if I mess up, I'm not wasting brand-new clothing
*if they turn out well, I've been successful in giving new life to something old!

The first was this adorable little dress. I love the print at the bottom, but it had a tacky little bow stitched on under the neckline. So I took it off and added this redwork butterfly. I choose an orange thread to match the fabric ruffle at the bottom. Unfortunately the dress is too small for Annaliese, so I plan to give it to Kenzie, who is a year younger.


The second was this little striped shirt. I decided to try a fringed applique design on it. It turned out cute and really jazzed up a boring, slightly faded shirt!

0 comments on "Embellishing Hand-Me-Downs"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates