Friday, May 4, 2007

More of my first projects



This was my first "filled" embroidery design, a cute cup with craft tools on a crafting apron. We've already used it to keep clothes safe while painting!



This tote bag allowed me to experiment with three (well four) things:
1. Using a built-in font on my machine to stitch out her name
2. Add a redwork design to the bag AFTER I had already put her name on
3. Trying one of the hundreds of decorative stitches my machine has.
4. Ripping a design out -- see, I had to hoop the bag upside down. I remembered to flip the name upside-down, but I forgot to flip the butterfly. Thankfully I noticed before I stitched too far. So I got my first experience of sitting down with a seam ripper and taking it out!

0 comments on "More of my first projects"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates