Thursday, May 24, 2007

My first disaster


Ok, so my machine choked up while stitching the design on Amy's bag, but after a little prayer prompted by my 3 year old daughter, the machine continuted to stitch and it didn't mess up the design. Just now I experienced my first REAL disaster:


I was putting a cute little applique design on an 18 month shirt for a gift. It's a "g" shape, and then a name would stitch out over it. Since the machine was nearing the end of the satin stitch around the "g", I leaned down to get a small piece of water-soluble stabilizer to put in place before it started stitching the letters. When I sat back up, I discovered that part of the shirt had flopped onto the TOP of the embroidery foot and had been stitched THROUGH the foot ONTO the shirt. Absolutely no way to salvage this mess... I had to cut the shirt apart to retrieve my foot!
Sigh... I spent a lot of time coming up with this design -- I hope I can buy another shirt just like this one!

2 comments on "My first disaster"

All Blog Spots on May 25, 2007 at 5:54 AM said...

great blog, keep the good work going :)

Daisha Sheets on May 28, 2007 at 3:08 PM said...

Janay--the little outfit turned out great. Gideon will look so good in it.

Thanks.
Daisha

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates